Subject: Re: EAC/Lame THE ANSWER !!!

Re: EAC/Lame THE ANSWER !!!

From: SteamShip <steamship_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:33:05 -0500

I have nearly 8,000 CD's and top notch equipment. I have read all the other
posts in this thread, but there is not another program that compares to this
setup for using the FREE EAC/Lame encoding that Chris Myden explains at the
link below. He has a simple config, which you are free to alter (I removed
his custom tag, and you have to choose another CDDB web url other than the
default which is a broken link). Get the exact version of Lame that he
references, and it is all free. Follow the easy steps at his website:

http://tinyurl.com/2rmw

(http://www.chrismyden.com/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=Elite_DAE&file=p
ainless)

Don't listen to the others recommending a program that you have to buy (no
offense intended). The above link is completely free, I have ripped at
least 3,000 of my CD's using it, and I have absolutely no agenda other than
promoting the best way to rip high quality music. I can barely listen to
128 bit rate MP3's anymore.

If you follow postings on true audiophile forums such as these, you will
have no question what the experts recommend.

http://headwize2.powerpill.org/ubb/forums.php?fdays=20
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/index.html
http://www.head-fi.org/