Subject: Re: Poll, please read: What's your next MP3 player? Have you hardware problems with your Archos?

Re: Poll, please read: What's your next MP3 player? Have you hardware problems with your Archos?

From: scott <die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:52:32 -0800 (PST)

--- TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org> wrote:
> Please indicate in a reply to this post when you next expect to buy an MP3
> player, and what you plan to buy. Please indicate, on a scale of 1 to 5, how
> important it is to you to have Rockbox on your next player, as opposed to
> another firmware, with 1 being not important at all, and 5 being so
> important you would not buy a product that did not run Rockbox.

whenever my FMR is dead beyond repair. i have no idea what i would upgrade to, but if rockbox gets
on more players those will definitely be the ones i look at first. rockbox isn't a requirement, so
long as the original firmware is ok, although rockbox is much prefered (4/5).

> IF you have had hardware problems with your Archos, that required returning
> or repairing the unit, please include in your reply:
> how long you had the unit before the failure occurred,
> whether it was returned or repaired,
> and whether it is currently useable.
>
> If you had more than one hardware problem occurrence (e.g., returned a unit,
> then had to return the replacement), please list each return/repair
> separately.

my FMR is currently broken in two ways. the F2 and F2 buttons are both broken, but still usable
with effort. the headphone jack has become loose, and although i think it would be simple enough
to fix with some soldering, i havn't yet. i've had it about 6 months. currently it isn't usable.

> If your Archos is not currently in use, please indicate why, and what
> replacement, if any, you have purchased.

it currently isn't in use, except for recording, as the headphone jack is useless. i've yet to buy
a replacment and plan to fix my FMR before spending another $300 on an mp3 player.

-scott