Subject: controls of the video player plugin, audio roadmap

controls of the video player plugin, audio roadmap

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:51:14 +0100 (MET)

In case you haven't noticed:
The video player now can do some tricks, pause, step, play backwards, FF +
FR.
In paused mode you can step frames with left and right, goto first or last
frame with up/down.
In play mode you can play forward or backward with left/right, or do FF/FR
by holding it longer.

Paused mode looks pretty bad (and so does FF/FR), is not really practical.
But it's interesting to see what the video is actually composed of. When going
in paused mode, the pixels suddenly look so "big" again, all the detail is
gone.

Reverse playback also needs some touchup (many sectors are read twice), but
is a start. When done it can look the same as forward.

I could need a concept of starting audio with it, once I regulate the
framerate. Either a playlist with .rvf and .mp3, or plugin functions to start audio
in sync, or an interleaved file format that contains data for the MAS plus
plugin functions to push that. Any ideas from the core developers?

Jörg