Subject: Re: controls of the video player plugin, audio roadmap

Re: controls of the video player plugin, audio roadmap

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:55:52 +0100

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> I could need a concept of starting audio with it, once I regulate the
> framerate. Either a playlist with .rvf and .mp3, or plugin functions to
> start audio in sync, or an interleaved file format that contains data for
> the MAS plus plugin functions to push that. Any ideas from the core
> developers?

I think an interleaved file format is the best way to start with. Loading mp3 data from disk and bitswapping while playing back the movie will probably give you all sorts of nasty sync problems.

On the other hand you will need to preload the mpeg buffer before starting it, so the sound data in the file needs to be offset in time from the video data anyway. And it will have to be offset differently depending on audio bitrate. And then we have VBR, too. Brrr... :-)

--
Björn