Subject: Re: EAC/Lame THE ANSWER !!!

Re: EAC/Lame THE ANSWER !!!

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:14:56 +0100

You're such a nice guy to argue with ;-).

"Fred Maxwell" <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org> writes:
> Why do you open source zealots

I've been polite so far. Don't spoil it.

> think that everyone has some great interest in the data on your hard
> drives?

Get real. Many companies have great interest in my --and your-- data.
We all know that. Does directed SPAM mean anything to you?

> He's developing a commercial SDK that he wants to sell.

That's okay. There are ways to organize that.

> Yes, I know the open source argument: "Anyone who wants to make
> money from their software is evil [...]

Your statement, not mine.

> Also, he may not want a bunch of hacks who know little about CD
> hardware mucking up EAC and giving the program a bad name.

That's okay. There are ways to organize that.

> You may like your work being stolen [...]

Your statement, not mine.

> > > It simply works better than anything else.
> > It does not work for me, since I don't run Windows.
> That's your choice.

Yes, indeed, that's my choice. So EAC does not work for me. Now I'm
sure it can be ported to other OS as well, but it is his choice not to
do so. So EAC does not work for me, which --for me-- makes it a bad
application.

> So now you're implying that Andre Wiethoff might have violated the
> GPL copyright on cdparanoia?

I have no means to find out whether this is, or is not, the case. I
withdraw the remark.

> You open source zealots have no shame. 'Anyone who won't give away
> his software must be suspected of being a criminal.'

Your statement, not mine.

> I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you lure children into your
> home where you molest and kill them.

That's enough. I quit talking to you until you formally apologize.

-- Johan