Subject: Re: The future
From: Josh Nisly (
Date: 2003-12-21

Why not port RockBox to the iPod? The player is smaller (and IMO better
looking) than the Archos models, and is _very_ popular. Also, it seems
that the peer-to-peer firewire connection it uses has more potential for
interconnecting devices than the master/slave architecture of USB.
A lot of work has already been put into the Linux on iPod project, which
would make our initial work easier, it would seem.

The only disadvantage I can see to the iPod is that it uses a 1.8" HDD,
instead of the standard 2.5".