Subject: Peak meter stuff in plugin API?
From: phil_at_carangg.de
Date: 2003-12-21

My task:
I startet with my old idea of a split editor again. One of the core
features of it will be a graphical osci for visual identification of the
desired split point. I'd like to scale and zoom this osci according to
the settings the user has chosen for the peak meter.

The Problem:
The peak meter code is not reachable via the plugin api. I'm a bit in
doubt wether it should be or not. The peak meter code resides in the
apps dir and I don't really consider it core functionality. I think it
might be all right to put the mere db transformation into mpeg.h as
there are other similar functionalities (e.g. sound settings). But as
soon as it comes down to scaling to screen coordinates I somehow don't
like it in mpeg.h. And even that would not be sufficiant for my task
since I want to reuse the user settings.

What do you think?

Phil

P.s.: If you have no idea what a split editor might look like here's a
preview that doesn't split yet.
http://www.carangg.de/splitedit_preview.zip