Subject: Re: jukebox player went bad?
From: Marc MERLIN (
Date: 2003-12-22

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 11:35:14AM -0500, eD/ARd0 F/KEn^M3 wrote:
> Maybe it a needed a FULL power down and changing the batteries did that. I
> wonder if you just removed the batteries and put them right back if that
> would have fixed the problem.

Actually, I had tried that, and it didn't help.

That's why I was quite sure that it was not a battery problem.

Turns out I'm not on crack. I think there is some kind of short, or
something slightly loose. I got the problem to reproduce by merely pressing
menu, and I've also had the volume go up and down several notches (in the
headphones, not the volume indicator) while going through sound menus

I guess we'll blame it on hardware...

Home page:   |   Finger for PGP key