Subject: RE: EAC/Lame
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2003-12-22

Will,

Basically, yes. You will need to configure EAC such that it has the "User
Defined Encoder" selected. That will prevent it from trying to construct
the command line on its own. Also, you will need to use %s and %d for the
source and destination file names.

I note that your options seem confusing. You have both -b 256 and -B 256.
That specifies both a minimum and maximum bitrate of 256 for VBR --
effectively making it CBR. You have a --resample 44.1 but CDs are already
44.1 sampling rate.

Might I suggest that you try "-preset extreme %s %d". That has performed
very well for me indeed.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell