Subject: Re: OT:Re: blastman007 Entschuldigung
From: Minuk Choi (Choi.Minuk_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2003-12-23

> More importantly, once the GPL is chosen, there really isn't a way to
legal
> change to another license (as far as I know).

Well... I don't know about that... I mean, I present MySQL as my example.
MySQL is GPL licensed... but if you're a corporation or you plan to sell a
product containing or using MySQL, they have a commercial license... From
what I glanced at... looks like the code is the same. If the core
developers wish to, I suppose they can adopt a similar approach to the
people at MySQL

> I think that he was referring to the unfortunate incident where someone
was
> trying to sell the Rockbox firmware on ebay.

Hmm... is that what happened? I was under the impression people were
reacting 'cause this fellow put up screenshots of Rockbox with his auction
for an ARCHOS unit.

OT:OT: heh, you think maybe it's time that the folks at RockBox form a PR
and a legal department? :-P

-Mark