Subject: Re: Bug with large Playlist with Studio 20?
From: Hardeep Sidhu (hardeeps_at_pobox.com)
Date: 2003-12-23

Mirko Dittrich wrote:

>I use a large Playlist, about 900 Files, organized in varoius Directorys.
>If i play the list in shuffle mode after 2 - 20 songs the Player automticly
>power off. If the Player is in continues Mode, after Power on, Rockbox
>immediately power of after filling the cache. The only way to stop this,
>pressing the "stop" key while filling the cache, or set the player to no
>continues mode.
>There is no problem to play the playlist in "normal", not in shuffle mode.

Which version of Rockbox are you using? The scenario you describe
sounds a lot like the behaviour of the Archos firmware but I've never
encountered it with Rockbox. Useful information to help in debugging
the problem would be:
1. Your configuration settings via Menu->General Settings->Write .cfg file
2. The /.rockbox/.playlist_control file
3. Your playlist file

-Hardeep