Subject: [Fwd: New harddisk does not spinup]
From: Oliver (oliver.online_at_schweiz.ch)
Date: 2003-12-23

Hoi everyone,

Looong ago, Oliver wrote:
> I try to replace the harddrive of my Archos Recorder 20.
> The new model is a Toshiba MK3021GAS (30GB). But if I boot,
> the new drive does not even spin-up.

Meanwhile I succeeded: After hours of desperation, and mails
to Toshiba ect., I returned the Toshiba and bought a Fujitsu MHT2040AT.
Now I have 40GB of very silent and power-saving disk-space!!

I am still not sure about the reason, but I read that Toshiba works
together with Microsoft for a better power-save concept for harddisks
..and guess what: it's not compatible to the old one.

Final note:
  Archos-firmware and Rockbox seem not to support Toshiba-HDs yet!

Merry X-Mas & happy new 2004

+++ Oliver