Subject: HD error

HD error

From: Jimenez, Luis <luis.jimenez_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:18:12 -0500

This is not exactly a Rockbox question but everyone here seems to know a lot about the Jukebox so I figured this would be a good place to start. I got the following error message when I tried to start my Jukebox 20 Recorder. I had this problem before and I sent it to Archos and they supposedly fixed it. It worked for a while but then the same problem started up (I've also tried all the remedies mentioned on the Archos website). I didn't feel like paying for the repairs again so I opened it up (don't worry I'm a EE). I found that I can get it to work if I short out the two tabs on the side of the microphone on the interface board (I found this on accident). The only problem is that the HD remains spinning after I turn it off and the battery life doesn't seem to be as long as before. Does anyone know what I am bypassing by shorting it and possibly how can I fix my recorder. Thanks.

Luis A. Jimenez