Subject: New recorder came
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-12-24

My new V1 recorder arrived today from Amazon. Amazing, considering it's
christmas and I only ordered it at the end of last week.

Anyway, this one is the blue bumper one. Much prettier than the grayish
bumper one I got from Circuit City back in the summer. Of more interest, this
new one came with Archos V1.29 while my grey bumper one came with 1.28. I
thought the blue ones were the older ones. Hmmm.

Anyway, it worked fresh out of the box (Whew!) I'm filling it by copying from
my grey bumper one using a 2 port USB 2.0 PCMCIA card in my laptop. Looks
like File Manager is going to move 19.6 gb in about an hour and a half if the
progress screen is accurate. I'm impressed.

Guess I'll flash one of these now that I have a spare.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN