Subject: Re: FMR's flash chip
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2003-12-25

> As far as we know, do all FMRs come with a flashable ROM, or do some come
> with
> non-flashable (or non-flashable with Jorg's flash_rock?)

AFAIK, all FMs are flashable, I haven't heared of any different yet, but
that doesn't prove anything.

> (Jorg, sorry, I'm
> typing this on an Apple, and I don't know how to type accented charcters).

Then you can write Joerg, adding an 'e' is a substitute for umlaut.

> If all FMRs are /not/ flashable, how can the flashable chip be identified
> by
> someone looking at the circuit board/chip (not identified by software, but
> by
> physical inspection of the internal hardware)?

The in-circuit flashable one is an SST39VF020, the bad one is a SST37VF020.
The chip is clearly labeled, but mounted on the back side of the board.

Neu: Preissenkung für MMS und FreeMMS!