Subject: current AJBR15 from Amazon Germany: USB1, flashable, fading backlight
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-12-25

I got that model from Amazon for EUR 169, as a xmas present for my
girlfriend:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000DC3N9

It has _no_ USB2.0, booh, but we'll keep it anyway, she's not exchanging the
files so frequently.
The unit is flashable (already done) and the kind without boot ROM. It also
has this interesting fading effect of the backlight, like somebody else
reported . It came without the carrying pouch, what a pity. It seems that Archos
is short with those, there was a sticker on the package hiding that delivery
item.

Just as a status on what you can currently get in JBRs,

seasons' greetings,
Jörg