Subject: Cmpress dynamic range
From: Dario Carluccio (rockbox_list_at_carluccio.de)
Date: 2003-12-25

Hello Rockboxers,

i often use the Jukebox to hear radio-plays.

Driving in the car i only hear music.

It is nearly not possible to hear radio-plays in the car, because they
have a very high dynamic (like classic music) and as the sound from
the motor is so high, that if you turn up the volume so that parts
which are silent can be heard, it blows you away when the loud parts
take place.

So I need a compressor, which compresses the dynamic from the
mp3-file. This can be done with cool-edit, but I'm searching a too,
which can do a batch process for many mp3-files.

Or is there a way to tell rockbox to play the mp3 with compressed
dynamic?

bye
   Dario

--