Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Silence detection

Re: Silence detection

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:27:34 -0500

Is anyone actually able to make a quality recording on the Recorder? Both of
mine generate so much whine from the HD and display whenever the backlight is
on that the recordings are useless for quality.

I do a lot of tape and record dubbing but I do it on my computer. This soooo
much more friendly and the quality is so much better, even with my cheap audio
card, that I never even considered using the Recorder for anything other than
voice recordings.

John

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 01:52:31 +0100, Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
wrote:

>Felix Becker wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i sometimes want to record old tapes or records, so it would be great to
>> have a function wich recognizes silence between two songs and automatically
>> creates different tracks. I found this in the feature requests (silence
>> detection) but just wanted to ask, if this would be possible at all and if
>> somebody plans to add this feature in nearer future.
>> Thanks, merry christmas and a happy new year, Felix.
>>

>I have no plans to add this in the near future. It may be possible, but
>it may also be quite inaccurate. We'll know when we try.
>
>Linus

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net