Subject: Re: Silence detection

Re: Silence detection

From: Laurent Giroud <laurent.giroud_at_libertysurf.fr>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:01:22 +0100

I have also noticed those noises on the gmini.

However I think they occur within a quite small range of high frequencies, so they might be filtered after recording, if you have some sound processing software you might want to try this and see if it improves the recording quality.

Of course it would be better to insulate the microphone from the HD and lcd noises, but on the gmini this seems hardly feasible since there is not much place where to insert insulating materials. But it might be possible that even very little material are enough to provide good phonic insulation ? I don't know :)

Laurent

--
Laurent Giroud
IEEE member, laurent.giroud_at_ieee.org