Subject: AW: Silence detection
From: phil_at_carangg.de
Date: 2003-12-27

> Von: Neon John
>
> Is anyone actually able to make a quality recording on the
> Recorder? Both of mine generate so much whine from the HD
> and display whenever the backlight is on that the recordings
> are useless for quality.

The analog input is crap. Still I use it for practice rehearsal of my
band and for that the quality is more that sufficiant. When I want to do
high quality recordings I pipe the signal through an external AD
converter (DAT recorder) and use the spdif input. Then the quality is as
good as it can be expected. If it wasn't so expensive I'd have already
bought a portable AD converter like the zefiro inbox... :(

Phil