Subject: Re: AW: Silence detection
From: JMP (jdon_at_wanadoo.fr)
Date: 2003-12-28

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:09:26 -0500, Neon John wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:41:02 +0100, <phil_at_carangg.de> wrote:
>
>>> Von: Neon John
>>>
>>> Is anyone actually able to make a quality recording on the
>>> Recorder? Both of mine generate so much whine from the HD
>>> and display whenever the backlight is on that the recordings
>>> are useless for quality.
>>>

>>The analog input is crap. Still I use it for practice rehearsal of my
>>band and for that the quality is more that sufficiant. When I want to do
>>high quality recordings I pipe the signal through an external AD
>>converter (DAT recorder) and use the spdif input. Then the quality is as
>>good as it can be expected. If it wasn't so expensive I'd have already
>>bought a portable AD converter like the zefiro inbox... :(
>
> Youch! That Inbox looks nifty but pricy. I wonder if there is a more
> "consumer-oriented" version of this? I'm not sure how to even start googling.
>
> John
>
> ---
> John De Armond
> johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/o/johngd/
> Cleveland, Occupied TN

This may be what you are looking for (I haven't tried them and I don't know
if they will work with a microphone):
Koax-Opto-Wandler POF-820
Opto-Koax-Wandler POF-830
at http://www.conrad.com (Germany)
I have the documentation on 2 PDF files in several languages. I can send
them to you if you are interested, they are 443 Ko ane 64 Ko respectively.
Jean.