Subject: Re: default .wps and .cfg keep reloading
From: jb (
Date: 2003-12-28

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

> jb wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > Regarding .cfg: Shouldn't the .cfg settings be the same when I boot up as when
> > I previously shut down? That's what it always used to do.
> Maybe I was unclear. I'm only saying that Rockbox doesn't care which
> .cfg file that was played. The settings are saved by storing the
> settings in the RTC and in a sector on disk, not by remembering a .cfg
> file name.
> > This happens after using the custom .cfg and .wps for many, many songs, then
> > shutting down.
> >
> > On reboot, the default .cfg and .wps are there.
> Really interesting. I will keep an eye on this.
> Linus

Ok, and one more bit of info: the problem is definitely intermittent. For a few
boot ups, the .cfg and .wps were back to being remembered, then now it's back to
forgetting them.

Could this have something to do with how long I press the "On" button?

Could you please tell if there are default .cfg and .wps files? I could rename them
"old" and then rename the ones I use most of the time as default.