Subject: newbie setup question: redhat 8.0 and usb 2.0

newbie setup question: redhat 8.0 and usb 2.0

From: William Garber <william.garber_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 07:45:02 -0500

newbie question
I have stock redhat 8.0 kernel
I am not using rockbox, just original archos firmware.

root_at_electron>###
root_at_electron>### cd
root_at_electron>### cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot1 /boot ext2 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda6 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/hdg4 /mnt/zip auto noauto,owner 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner 0 0
/dev/hda5 /mnt/winx vfat defaults 1 1
/dev/sda1 /mnt/camera vfat noauto,user 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,owner,ro 0 0

root_at_electron>###
root_at_electron>### mount /mnt/camera
mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
root_at_electron>###

It works fine for usb 1.1 connection but does the above for
usb 2.0 card.
I had the archos turned on before booting the computer.

Do I need to insmod usb-storage or rmmod ide-scsi ?

I could try uploading rockbox firmware on the usb1.1 connection
would this invalidate the warranty???
Thanx, W.G.