Subject: RE: Silence detection
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-12-28

phil_at_carangg.de wrote:
> The analog input is crap. Still I use it for practice rehearsal of my
> band and for that the quality is more that sufficiant. When I want to
> do high quality recordings I pipe the signal through an external AD
> converter (DAT recorder) and use the spdif input. Then the quality is
> as good as it can be expected. If it wasn't so expensive I'd have
> already bought a portable AD converter like the zefiro inbox... :(

Nice device...

One question:

In our FAQ, we have in answer 72
http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#72

> The digital inputs don't have the 15kHz lowpass filter like
> the analog inputs

Can you confirm this?

I have never done any measurements on this, but I think I read it somewhere
else already. I ask because Uwe Freese writes on his homepage
http://www.uwe-freese.de/
(in Rockbox -> Messwerte, sorry German language only)
that the digital inputs have the 15kHz lowpass, too.

Andreas