Subject: AW: Silence detection
From: phil_at_carangg.de
Date: 2003-12-28

> Von: Andreas Stemmer
>
> I'm definitly going to have a try on it, but not in nearer future :-(

I have extended the peakmeter by a trigger with threshold, hold time and
so on. If Linus can use it - maybe we're lucky and get the feature of
volume triggered recording in a future that is not sooooo far away. If
not I'll hack it in myself - dirtily.

> You can record the whole tape as one mp3 and then use the
> silence detection feature of MP3DirectCut in the meantime.

Yes, but not while riding the train. But now I at least have split
editor. Now I can at least cut away the silence with rockbox while
traveling.

Phil