Subject: ext3 in archos?
From: Robert L. Harris (Robert.L.Harris_at_rdlg.net)
Date: 2003-12-29

As I sit here and watch my system re-copy all 20+ Gigs onto the FAT
filesystem on my Archos Jukebox I wonder if it's even possible to use a
ext3 type filesystem with proper timestamp and permissions on the
jukebox? Maybe partition it to 5Megs for FAT to enable the loading of
the archos.mod and the rest ext3?

doing a "rsync -av --progress /mnt/data1/MP3/ /mnt/usbdrive/" gets old
watching the whole thing run overnight.

Thoughts?
  Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
      These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.