Subject: Re: ext3 in archos?

Re: ext3 in archos?

From: Chris Muth <rockbox_at_muth.cc>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:06:55 -0600

This is sort of addressed in the "FAQ - Features We Will Not Implement"
under number 9 <http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/nodo.html#9>
"Support other filesystems than FAT32 (like NTFS or ext2 or whatever)!".

No.

Though the reason it states for this is that the Archos loads the firmware off of
the FAT32 disk. You address this, but I think it is not necessary.

I - and possibly many others - start Rockbox from the flash ROM.
This would be conducive to using <whatever fancy> file system.

This would be nice. ext2 and almost certainly ext3 support linking files.
That would be nice, since if a file fits in multiple categories, one can just
hard/soft link them.

-Chris