Subject: Re: Suggestions for chip8 emulator
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2003-12-29

> A lot of the chip8 games I find are unplayable because they use keys not
> bound to physical keys on the JBR.

Yes, we're short with keys.

> Also, yesterday I flashed my JBR with
> the daily cvs build and found that optimisations had made some games
> unplayably fast.

Now that's something new, complains about being too fast! ;)

> My suggestion is the addition of an on+play menu item for *.ch8 files
> that allows the plug-in to be configured for that game.

Well, perhaps not on+play (because the plugin is not running by then), but
the emulator could look for a config file with the same name but different

There's a lot of possible improvements for the emulator, but I didn't spend
any more time to it because basically those games suck, to tell my honest
opinion, and the set seems rather limited. I haven't found any other than those
we have. Better spend some time in writing native Rockbox games.

Neu: Preissenkung für MMS und FreeMMS!