Subject: Re: Recorder suicide!
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-12-29

V2 is the same junk, only decontented. Get a Recorder while you still can.
Amazon still has 'em. I bought a couple for backups to leave laying on the
shelf until my regular one fails. They came in last week. They're the nice
bright blue bumpered version. This is the best run of Recorders I've seen.
Nice crisp keys, tight jacks, etc. I knocked mine off yesterday and
discovered to my delight that the headphone jack was tight enough that the
headphone cord stopped the Recorder before it hit the floor. Nice.

I started out with an FMR. Actually several, before I gave up. I KNOW what
an improvement it is to go to the regular Recorder. If my say-so isn't
enough, listen to everyone else here who has had experiences with both.

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:59:54 +0000, "Paul \"Winkie\" Robins"
<> wrote:

>So my FM recorder committed suicide.
>Or so i'm told, it apparantly 'fell' off a table and ended up with some
>pretty extensive injuries (hard drive bearings shot, make a racket
>whilst spinning, board bent till traces cut etc)
>Is it worth buying a v2? Seriously is it worth the cash? Current value
>of my recorder is > 220 so i'm ok for prices of anything.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN