Subject: Re: Gmini Firmware question

Re: Gmini Firmware question

From: Laurent Giroud <laurent.giroud_at_libertysurf.fr>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:59:51 +0100

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:59:32 -0800, Jimmy Moore <jimmy_at_axod.net> wrote:

> Archos doing it properly?? get real!
> The firmware format has already been worked out (By some strange person
> called DoggerMoore). It is the same compression and encryption
> algorithms as the jbmm, av100 and av300 firmwares.
> Unfortunately Archos will not let anyone release it...

This is indeed stupid from them.

But I am willing to confront Archos on that claim as I think there is no legal basis to it.
I will release everything I manage to work out. We'll see what happens :)

I precise that I don't care if I get credit for it, what interests me is being able to code whatever I want on my gmini, the rest is not my problem ;)

> The thing to remember if you want to get access to it, is 'the people
> who wrote it are fools'. Look in a book on cryptography. Look at the
> first algorithm described. Look in a beginners book on compression. Look
> at the first algorithm described. Simple. Have fun...
>
> Jimmy

That's definitely an advice I'll listen !
Thanks.

Regards,

Laurent