Subject: ATA error: -1
From: Gaura Bhagavan (das) SS (
Date: 2004-01-02

  Dear All.

  I am unable to operate my Archos Juke Box.

- Exact Archos model used:

  Archos Jukebox 20 GB Digital Audio Player/Recorder/Hard Drive 500277

- ROM firmware version on your archos

  I do not know as now I can't turn it on. But I bought it 4 months ago

- Rockbox version used

- A step-by-step description of what you did and what happened

  When I try turning it on, the RockBox logo stays on thrice longer that
usual and then the following message appears:

  Ata error: -1
  Press ON to debug

Then I press the ON button and then it goes into debugging mode for some
time or till the battery goes low and finally the following message appears:

  Ata: -1

And it turnes off.

I am not able to do anything by connecting it to a computer as it does not
start up fully.

- Whether the problem is repeatable or a one-time occurence

  Can anyone help me out with this?

  All the best