Subject: Re: new recorder has older flash rom chip
From: Michael Graham (magog_at_the-wire.com)
Date: 2004-01-03

> i ordered my recorder from archos right before they stopped listing
> the jukebox 20 and received a JBR20 with black bumpers at the beginning
> of november. the flash info in debug->HW Info shows only ??'s.
>
> anyone else who got a recorder (not v2 or FM) lately experience this?
> i was expecting a v2, so all in all i'm happy, but i am sad that i
> apparently have non-flashable "old" flash technology.

Yeah, I also just got a late-model black bumper v1 recorder that shows
??'s for the flash info. I was also surprised that a late-model would
be non-flashable. I'd love to know if there's still a way to flash
this unit without actually swapping the flash chip.

Michael

--
Michael Graham
magog_at_the-wire.com