Subject: Re: Flashing V2 Recorder - problem

Re: Flashing V2 Recorder - problem

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:20:32 +0100 (MET)

> i think your right.

No, sorry for the confusion.

> quote:
> "So, even if you don't like flashing, can you please
> check if your ROM CRC
> value is different from 0x222F, the V1 value? In that
> case please post here,
> tell us which model you have. V2 users will find
> 0x8C1E."
>
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-09/0419.shtml

This is old news, and the term "V2" there had nothing in common with the V2
Recorders later introduced by Archos. I used to call the ROMless variant so,
but buried that term to avoid ambiguity.
The V1 behind the ROM CRC means this is the first (and only) version we've
ever seen on the boot ROM. Maybe I should even remove that.

So, the now official V2 Recorder is an FM Recorder with no tuner. It has a
convex faceplate and a Li-Ion battery.

Jörg