Subject: Re: Stack Usage
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-01-06

Benjamin wrote:
> Is there a way to tell how much stack is used? I'm trying to reduce the
> amount I use for bookmarking and would like to see if the tweaks I am doing
> is actually having an effect. I noticed that there is a "View OS Stacks"
> option, but I don't understand what it is showing.

The stack display shows the highest amount of stack used by each thread, in percent of total stack space allocated for the thread. Your bookmarking code runs in the 'main' thread, so that's where you should look.

In your bookmark code the primary stack culprits were the local path variables, each 260 bytes long, that were used in some functions. This appears to be fixed in your latest version?

--
Björn