Subject: Re: Earn Money with Rockbox on Ebay

Re: Earn Money with Rockbox on Ebay

From: Nix <nix_at_esperi.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:05:33 +0000

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Fred Maxwell moaned:
> Nix wrote:
>
>> Why are people reselling GPLed software `low-life scum'?
>
> Not all people who do so are. But when the transaction relies on the
> ignorance of the buyer, it's scummy. When the buyer ends up being pissed
> off when he gets nothing but a link to GPL software that is freely available
> for download, it's scummy.

What?

He was auctioning a *link*? I thought he was auctioning a player.

I'll agree, that *does* take a lot of nerve. :)

>> I guess I just don't get it.
>
> Hopefully you better understand my position now.

I didn't have a web browser available and didn't get it.

I guess it's true: people will try to sell *anything* on ebay.

--
As they say, build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a
path to your door. But nobody ever got anywhere outlawing mice.