Subject: Re: Earn Money with Rockbox on Ebay
From: David McIntyre (plugh_at_mudbarn.com)
Date: 2004-01-06

Well, he's on the list here, but doesn't have a firm grasp of the English
language. I've purchased links before off ebay. I've found compendiums of other
peoples' works in the linked files. But it was clear in the auction that I
shouldn't expect more than what I actually got, so I didn't feel ripped off.
From what I recall of the translated auction, he was providing software to
improve the functionality of the Archos hardware, and included screenshots. He
didn't say that it was opensource, or GPL code, or anyone else's work. But I'm
not sure that the license requires that he make these claims up-front. It
doesn't mean he's a bottom feeder. He was just a broke college student with
some information that people may deem valuable, willing to sell it so he could
eat.
I think people would have been just as angry about what he did if he made it
clear that it was a link to an opensource project.
There are people who sell their services to the ignorant every day. They're
called consultants. Not all of them are low-life scum.

--
David McIntyre         plugh_at_mudbarn.com        http://www.mudbarn.com
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7