Subject: Re: Artist Selection
From: Joseph Jones (joe_at_bumpycarrot.cjb.net)
Date: 2004-01-07

alan.sugarman_at_ngc.com wrote:

>I have been using Rockbox for about 6 months and was wondering if I can select a group of songs to play by artist. I know I can create a playlist and put all of a particular artists songs in the playlist, but can you select a group of songs by artist without creating a playlist?

Not realistically. It would require searching all the MP3s on the JB for
a user-specified string, unless you had a program on a computer that
compiled a list of artists from the drive's contents which was then
referenced by Rockbox.

I may be wrong though, this may be a relatively simple task for the
hardware, I'm not entirely sure of it's limitations.

Joe