Subject: broken AJR where to repair?
From: Holger Lembke (holger_at_hlembke.de)
Date: 2004-01-07

Hi there,

not really rockbox, because it does not rock any more ... :-/

I have a Archos Jukebox Recorder, hard disk replaced by a 60 gb model, that
suddenly stopped working.

My diagnosis is, that the USB chip or something related is broken, because
it does playback fine and the overall functions of the box itself are ok.
No hangs, nothing, plays music. Only if I connect the box to my windows pc
(i tested two different) the box can't be mounted, Windows will report
drive errors or an unmountable drive.

Is there any hidden function that rockbox can scan the drive for
errors/just test all sectors?

newmp3technologie.com seems to be able to repair, $119 (via their web form
price calculator).

Buying a used box at epay? Swap the hard disk and?

I'm in Germany, Europe.

--
Holger Lembke