Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: Artist Selection
From: Stephen Noftall (stephenn_at_lcsaudio.com)
> The trick is to use a clever on-disk database format that allows fast and
flexible searching without using much memory. TP Diffenbach was working on
this last month:
Hi all; I am new to the list and this is my first post. I have my FMR on
order, and really look forward on doing some mods & coding on it. So excuse
me if I post away on this topic.
So some points (again, sorry if I am repeating what people have allready
- Have the database "flattened" on the harddrive.
- Have base categories: Artist, Album, Category, Most Played and Least
Played. Highest Rank/Least Played, etc.
- Also have complicated playlists, that are flattened as well. Would be nice
to build in "Play one of these next files randomily", etc.
- When displaying the list, read in only ~10K at a time, so to keep the
memory footprint small. Might make navigating the list "jerky", but it could
- Have the PC build and maintain these databases. It will need to update the
most/least played one, as I think the JB will have a hard time with it.
Question: Does the code update the played count in the ID field, after each
filed is played?
- Allow modest editing capibility on the JB.
Hmmm, I think I need to look at the poll that was mentioned, although I
couldn't find it.
Cheers, and looking forward to hacking away at this!
BTW, I have a two 8MB DRAMs on order, and will be upgrading my FMR when it
comes in. If all goes well, I could modify someone else's for $50CND.
Although can't gaurantee anything (as well know how these things go). Let me
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew