Subject: RE: Artist Selection

RE: Artist Selection

From: <alan.sugarman_at_ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:31:55 -0800

Very cool. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Wolven [mailto:brian.wolven_at_verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 6:15 PM
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se

mrlipring wrote:
> i'd imagine you could run a prog on the pc that indexed everything,
> and either made a database that rockbox could use, or made a bajillion
> playlists, genre ones, album ones, artist ones, etc.
>
> it'd need coding though, obviously, but i'd imagine it'd be fairly
> easy.

It has already been done; check out ID3Browse:

 http://shanebrinkmandavis.com/homepage/ID3Browse/

This program will generate a folder/playlist structure on your Archos
based on ID3 tag info, allowing you to cue playlists based on artist,
album, genre, year, etc. Very ipod-like (and I mean that in the nice
way).