Subject: Re: Artist Selection
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2004-01-07

mrlipring wrote:
> i'd imagine you could run a prog on the pc that indexed everything, and
> either made a database that rockbox could use,

This is what feature request #613544 is all about. I have given it a high priority rating, because I think it's an important feature that would add significant value to Rockbox.

> it'd need coding though, obviously, but i'd imagine it'd be fairly easy.

The trick is to use a clever on-disk database format that allows fast and flexible searching without using much memory. TP Diffenbach was working on this last month:

I encourage you and everyone else who want to see this feature to join him and help out.