Subject: Re: Battery in FM Recorder
From: scott (
Date: 2004-01-07

--- Christopher Moore <> wrote:
> I've since discovered that the new FM units have a lithium-ion battery
> which can not be removed by the user. The manual suggests that it will
> last for the lifetime of the unit. Anyway, I'm not sure whether this is
> covered in the battery-faq.

 i'm not sure how 'new' FMRs are, as i think they've been around for over a year, and they've all
had a LiIon battery. the battery can be removed by taking off the top cover of the unit (some
models have screws, some don't) and shaking the FMR until the battery comes out.

i just looked in the battery faq and couldn't find anything about FMRs. maybe we should have a new
faq for FMRs/V2s and label the original for players/recorders.

Do you Yahoo!?