Subject: Re: ext3 in archos?
From: Nix (
Date: 2004-01-07

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Michael Elsdörfer said:
>> we can also do MS-Windows style symlinking, what Windows calls "shortcuts"
> A bit off-topic, but I thought you might be interested: Did you know NTFS
> also supports hard links, at least on directories? They are called juctions,
> but most people don't know, as there is no interface in the Windows
> Explorer. I was very surprised when I found out.

Hard links on files are supported (they have to be for NT's POSIX

You get at them through the Backup API (a decidedly odd place to put

(However, this is completely off-topic because there's not a chance in
hell Rockbox will ever support anything as overblown as NTFS :) )

As they say, build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a
path to your door. But nobody ever got anywhere outlawing mice.