Subject: Rockbox Lockup
From: TJ Hunter (
Date: 2004-01-08

I experienced something weird today. I was listening to my archos in the car when it suddenly stopped playing. I looked
down and the thing had locked up on the WPS. I hit a button and the backlight came on, but the archos wouldn't respond.
The red LED was on and wouldn't go off. I recently flashed the rockbox firmware (which i think is cool how fast it
boots) and never had this problem before then. The battery was a little lower than I usually keep it, but it wasn't low
enough to stop playing. I restarted the rockbox and it played for another ~10 minutes with no problem.

I've heard you all talk about the RLOD before and was wonder if what I experienced was a RLOD.

Here's what i've got:
Archos Jukebox Recorder 20
Flashed CVS-041404

Another question I have,
now that i'm using flashed firmware, when i get a daily build, is it best to copy the .rockbox dir and the ajbrec.ajz to
the archos, then run the rockbox.ucl file found in the .rockbox directory? Do I even need to have a ajbrec.ajz file on
the archos? Is it being used?