Subject: Noise while recording.
From: Bram Janssens (s.a.janssens_at_student.utwente.nl)
Date: 2004-01-08

Hi all.

New user here. I just wanted to make a notice about the SNR on the Recorder
V2. Yesterday I made some recordings with two Schoeps mics in a Blumlein
setting (see
http://root66.student.utwente.nl/bigband/liedjes/opnames_040107/). What was
quite dissapointing was the signal to noise ratio while recording. While the
specs say the device has a SNR<90dB, this obviously only holds for playback.
For recording I measured a SNR of something around 60dB.

I suppose this is a hardware issue, not a software issue? Correct me if I'm
wrong. Does anyone of you have the same experience?

Bram.