Subject: Re: AW: Recording as plugin?

Re: AW: Recording as plugin?

From: <ajf_at_midmaine.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:37:10 -0500 (EST)

As someone who records a lot, and would't own the Archos without this
feature, I am unpersuaded that making recording a plug-in is the best way
to spend developer time. Making the core smaller is not a benefit if you
always have to load a bunch of periperal plug-ins anyway just to do what
you want to do.

I would favor scheduled recording, further work on silence detection, and
more precision in time split recording as areas needing more immediate
attention.