Subject: Re: Viewing Files With Plugins

Re: Viewing Files With Plugins

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:19:19 +0100 (MET)

sorry, me again:

> I'm interested in feedback. Would this system be an improvement?

Yes, definitely! It's my hobby to introduce new file types, 3 done already
(ucl, ch8, rvf).

> 2. Extension config file ".rockbox/view.config". A config file lists
> extensions and what plugin (file name) that should be ran to view
> that particular file.

I guess you want to read that file at boot time, to be able to filter
supported files, have icons, etc. We should make sure that resuming playback has
priority, I don't like to end up with a Windows-like system which does a hell
of stuff before being operational.

> 3. Check if ".rockbox/viewer/[extension]-[anything].rock" exists, and if
> it does: use that.

Can we open a file with wildcard? Or you'd have to search the directory for
an entry. Probably you'd want to scan that dir at boot time anyway, to build
the table. You may want to redo that after USB operation, in case the user
added a viewer or changed the config file. What if multiple viewers exist?

Jörg