Subject: RLD and music stops suddenly...

RLD and music stops suddenly...

From: Planet77 <planet77_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:38:34 +0100

Hi!

I have two problems, I have the "mysterious RED LIGHT DEATH" problem sometimes,
which weren't such a big problem because it was not happening very often. But
now I have another problem, when I play a song sometimes it stops playing
through the headphones, this means that the time is going on in the display and
sometimes after 10 to 20 seconds the sound comes on again. If i try to go back,
it's the same there is no sound. If I plug my Archos JBR 20GB to the PC and I
play it I have no problem. This happened before, too but very rarely and now it
happens every five or six songs. It happends often in the last quarter of a
song not in the beginning. I played a little bit with the HD spindown seconds,
but it didn't help.
I use my archos everyday and I have it now for over a year. Is it possible that
I have used my HD too much or that it is 'overused' ?

Another question : Do you think it would make sense to defrag my Archos? Or is
it nonsense, because there are 99.9% mp3 files on it?

Perhaps someone has the same problems and knows a solution?

Have a nice day

Fred