Subject: Re: Viewing Files With Plugins
From: Henrik Backe (backe_at_swipnet.se)
Date: 2004-01-08

"Henrik Backe" <backe_at_swipnet.se> wrote in message

> "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote in message
> >
> > Viewing a File
> >
> > 3. Check if ".rockbox/viewer/[extension]-[anything].rock" exists, and
if
> it
> > does: use that.
>
> Why -[anything] ?
>
> As I see it rockbox/viewer/[extension]-[anything].rock are
> the default viewers for extensions that are not internally recognized.
> Having -[anything] makes it possible to have multiple default viewers
> for an extension which may lead to the land of confusion.
>
> As I see it replace the default viewer you should use viewer.config or
> replace the rockbox/viewer/[extension].rock
>
> The drawback of not having -[anything] in the filename is that
> you can not immediately see what plugin the viewer derives from.

Thinking fast is good, thinking right is better.

If ve are gonna mix default viewers and "other" viewers in the same
directory
we need a way to see the difference between them, so we either have to stick
with
".rockbox/viewer/[extension]-[anything].rock" with the possibilty for
confusion
or use somthing like ".rockbox/viewer/[extension]-default.rock"

Another drawback, if we keep all the viewers in the same directory, with
the ".rockbox/viewer/[extension]-[anything].rock" scheme is that then we can
not use "-"
in viewer plugin names.

.../Henrik