Subject: Re: Recording as plugin?
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-01-08

Joseph Jones wrote:
> Problem I see with that is that the plug-ins reside in the screen
> memory. when in use. This is why you can't switch between a plug-in and
> the rest of rockbox without the plug-in closing.

Actually, plugins have a dedicated 32KB memory area so that's not a problem.

The reason you can't switch from a plugin back to rockbox without closing the plugin is purely a design issue: That's not how they are designed to work. It could be done, if we ever find it worthwile. But it would require a lot of extra code in both Rockbox and the plugins.

--
Björn