Subject: Re: Recording as plugin? && Icons for file extensions
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-01-08

BlueChip wrote:
> 32K of reserved memory ??? and you're after 480 bytes to store icons??

And yet when we added the plugin buffer, the total footprint of Rockbox went *down*.

> While rockbox is running ...keep the icons in this memory
> ...load_plugin() will reload them when the plugin returns
> ...if the plugin needs access to them, then we can make load_icons() public
> ...might need a bit of fiddling, but we've tackled far bigger problems in
> the past :)

Yeah, but then there was a motivation for it. Doing all this fiddling to save those 480 bytes is not worth it.

I'm instead looking into putting the browser directory buffer in the plugin ram area (when it fits). That gives a substantial ram saving.

--
Björn